Wool clothing is an ideal choice for hunting in a variety of weather conditions as it can offer warmth while providing breathability. At United Sportsmen's Store, we sell a variety of types of wool clothing including shirts, jackets, sweaters, pants, socks, hats, and other accessories. This hunting clothing offers insulation from the cold, protection from the rain, and durability for a rugged lifestyle. Please shop our selection of wool clothing and accessories available here or read more below to learn more about why many hunters choose wool clothing for hunting and other outdoor activities.
At United Sportsmen's Store, we sell a complete selection of wool clothing for hunting and other outdoor activities. This includes wool shirts, pants, sweaters, socks, and hats. Our wool clothing comes from only trusted hunting and outdoor manufacturers, so that you can be sure that it offers the performance and durability you need.
Shop our discount wool clothing online or see all of our hunting and outdoor clothing and accessories including:
Benefits of Wool Clothing for Hunting & Outdoor Activities
Wool clothing offers a number of benefits for hunting and other outdoor activities. For example, it is a great insulator and can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without becoming damp or clammy. Wool clothing is typically made from sheep's wool, but it can also include alpaca, camel, goat, rabbit, possum, and musk ox hair as well. Wool clothing is popular for hunting in all types of weather as it is warm yet breathable. It is also silent and stretches to allow for movement.
Some common benefits of using wool for hunting clothing and other outdoor activities include:
- Warmth: Wool clothing is well known for its insulating abilities. It is able to provide a thick insulating layer between the body and outside air in order to help keep individuals warm even in cool conditions.
- Breathability: Because the wool fibers create a number of tiny air pockets, the overall fabric is able to breathe while still keeping an individual insulated and protected from outside air. Additionally, wool clothing can even be used in warmer conditions to help prevent you from getting too hot by acting as insulation between hot outside air and the body.
- Moisture Management: Wool clothing can offer moisture management nearly as well as some of the newest moisture wicking fabrics. Wool can absorb up to one third of its weight without feeling damp which allows it to lift water away from the body. Then when the moisture is exposed to the lower humidity areas outside of the body, it will evaporate.
- Water Resistance: The exterior layer of each wool fiber is coated with a waxy, water-shedding film. This coating helps make wool clothing resistant to mist and light rain.
- Durability: Wool fibers can bend and stretch without breaking, which make wool clothing more durable than many other natural materials.
- Stretch: Wool clothing is typically knit in such a way that it can stretch and move with your body to offer great comfort.
- Sustainability: Wool is a natural fiber and a sustainable and environmentally-friendly alternative to many synthetic fabrics. Therefore, many individuals prefer wool clothing for this reason.
Shop our wool clothing for men and women in order to find the clothing that you need to keep you warm and comfortable in any weather conditions.